Now Hiring: One Student Library Camp Assistant
Salt Spring Island Public Library (SSIPL) is seeking a Student Library Camp Assistant to help facilitate the Spring Break Library Camp. The student must be available to work from 10 am to 3:30 pm from March 24 to April 2, in addition to a short orientation and training shift in the preceding week. The student must have strong communication skills and prior experience working with children.
Start date: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 (with one orientation and training shift the preceding week).
End date: Thursday, April 2.
Schedule: 10 am to 3:30 pm with half an hour unpaid lunch break.
Hourly wage: $12
Application Deadline: Friday, March 13 at 3 pm.
To apply: Apply in person at the library with a resume and cover letter addressed to Danielle Hubbard, Librarian, or email to email@example.com. Please include phone and email contact information for at least two references.
- Signing children in at the beginning of each session of the Spring Break Library Camp: making nametags, recording children’s and parents’ names, and parent contact information.
- Assisting Library Camp facilitators with crafts, child minding, reading stories, and other activities.
- Assisting with set-up and clean-up before and after each session.
- Assisting with snacks in each session.
- Acting as the second responsible adult at all times during the Spring Break Library Camp.
- Assisting Librarians and facilitators with other aspects of the Spring Break Library Camp as required.
- Experience working with children.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- A strong work ethic and a positive, cheerful, and outgoing attitude.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequently shifting priorities.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a Criminal Record Check.
Application deadline: Friday, March 13, at 3 pm.
Funding for this position is made possible by the support of the Foundation of Youth, committed to promoting youth involvement and youth opportunities in our community.