Be Cool on the Internet
- Use the links we have chosen for you at our Library site. Choose wisely for your age and interests. They are safe, fun sites for you to visit.
- When you talk to others in chat rooms or e-mail on the internet, use a fake name. This way strangers can’t find out who you are.
- NEVER give people the name of your school, house address, or phone numbers, not even if the person says he or she is the same age as you. They may be a stranger pretending to be someone they are not.
- If you read or see something that makes you uncomfortable, tell your parents. If someone threatens you tell your parents right away. No one can harm you if you tell your parents or a trusted adult.
- Make sure your parents know what you are doing. They will be interested in what you can do on the internet.
If you do all of the above you’re all ready to get set and GO!
Parents, for further reading about safe surfing for your children, try these links: