Outside Use Policy and Application
Thank you for your interest in using the Salt Spring Island Public Library. Please read this document carefully.
That the Library outside area may be used for an event or program with the permission of the Chief Librarian. All activities, programs and meetings conducted in the space are subject to the general rules and regulations of SSIPL. Further, all users agree not to contravene the Criminal Code of Canada and all other applicable laws and statutes during the course of the event. The user agrees to assume responsibility for all personal injury as well as for all damage to Library facilities and equipment resulting from the use of the space.
Restrictions to use:
- Failure to conform to the regulations established for the event or program will result in a group or organization being denied use of the space.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse an application or cancel use of the space if in the opinion of the Library such use represents a violation of Library policy.
- The outside space may not be suitable for events that generate undue noise during Library open hours.
- The Library reserves the right to limit attendance.
- The user takes responsibility to ensure the space is cleaned after the event.
- The Library must not be mentioned as a sponsor for an event or as endorsing an event unless previously approved by the Chief Librarian. Advertising of the event must not imply endorsement by the Library of the content of the program or event; however, in some cases the Library may request sponsorship on all publicity items.
- No liquor may be served at the event and the smoking bylaws must be enforced.
Download the Outside Use-Policy Application.