The Library offers free Tech Tutoring two days a week (schedule below). These are one-on-one sessions with a technologically skilled library volunteer. You must register ahead of time, in person at the information desk, by phone at 250-537-4666, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please give your name, phone number/email address, and a one-sentence description of the topic you would like addressed. Be aware that not all tutors cover all topics (see below).
- Mondays at 12:00 and 1:00 pm.
- eReaders, iPads, Overdrive, basic Windows issues, and eBooks.
- Saturdays at 10:00, 11:00 am, 12:00, 2:00, 3:00, and 4:00 pm.
- All topics.
Please sign up at the library for the appropriate date and time, complete with contact information and tutoring topic.
Patrons are permitted one session with up to ONE follow-up session a month later. This is to provide tutoring opportunities to all interested patrons.
Please remember to bring the following items for your Tech Tutoring appointment:
- List of issues to be covered during the session.
- Device, eg. laptop, tablet, e-reader, AND the power cable.
- Passwords for all email accounts.
- Library card and account password if you have one.
- Adobe ID password if you have.
- Any signup and password that allows for new Microsoft apps.