The Library is pleased to have an all-new Teen Volunteer Program at the library.
This program is run by teens for teens. Training, support, snacks and refreshments are offered by staff and experienced volunteers. For more information, contact the Librarian, Julia Wagner, email@example.com.
Volunteering at the library is a great way to start or expand a resume, get reference letters, earn course credit (Ask your school’s Teen Volunteer Coordinator about this!), and fulfill volunteer-hours graduation requirements.
If interested, please consider applying online by clicking here.
Many positions require no previous experience and training is given. Some responsibilities of teen library volunteers may include:
- Select new books for the Young Adult Collection
- Select new books for the Children’s, Junior or YA collection
- Special one-time projects
- Organizing and executing an event for younger kids, teens, adults, or seniors
- Provide tutoring or operating as a “books buddy”
- Plan and executing interesting ways to read stories to children
- Create featured book displays around the library
- Supervise children’s events
There’s room for your friends to volunteer with you, as teens may work in teams, as partners or independently. If there’s something you think you could do for others at this library, please apply today.