Our community offers many important services. We are just starting to add to this page. Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any links you would like us to include.
- Salt Spring Archives: An on-line collection of historical photos of Salt Spring can be found on-line. The Salt Spring Archives is located in the library and is open on Monday afternoons, Thursday mornings and by appointment at other times.
- Gulf Islands Information: links to many Gulf Islands sites as well as to search engines, ferry schedules and more.
- Salt Spring Weather Stations at the schools. Find out the temperature anywhere on Salt Spring.
- Salt Spring Literacy: a registered non-profit charity working mainly with adults to upgrade reading, writing, comprehension, and basic math skills. Tutors can help you read documents, pass the written driver’s test, read to your children, upgrade your skills so you can apply for job training or learn to use the computer. E-mail email@example.com or leave a message at 250-537-9717.
- Salt Spring Island Community Services: a not-for-profit charitable organization provides a broad and diverse range of services and supports to the communities of the Southern Gulf Islands. Services include Family Place, adult counselling, services for the developmentally challenged, mental health drop-in, food bank, recycle depot.
- FETCH – Community Health Resource: a new community web-based resource that helps the public and health care providers access comprehensive information about community health and social services on Salt Spring Island.
- Community Services Directory (pdf: 1.14Mb)
- Seniors Services Society provides information, a drop-in centre, and a Friendly Visitor program. Contact 537-4604 or 537-4607.
- Senior Living Housing Directory is an online resource for seniors and family members looking for alternative housing to match their desired lifestyle, or medical/mobility needs. Senior residences and housing communities throughout BC are listed.
- Salt Spring Exchange is an alternative communication service for our island neighbours and those around the world who love Salt Spring Island as much as we do. Find out how to join the popular island listserv or browse the online classified listings.