Program Room Rental
If you choose to apply to book the program room then please download and fill out the Program Room Policy and Application, and email to email@example.com. Call Christine Arpita, Administrative Assistant at 250-537-4666 ext 224 for more information.
That the Library meeting spaces will be available for use by profit and non-profit groups for a reasonable cost commensurate with other rental facilities in the community. All activities, programs and meetings conducted in the library are subject to the general rules and regulations of SSIPL. Further, all renters agree not to contravene the Criminal Code of Canada and all other applicable laws and statutes during the course of their rental.
For library co-sponsorship and waiving/discounting of rental fees, the Library considers requests for educational or other programs of interest to library patrons from local non-profit organizations and persons not operating a business. To be considered, please fill in a Proposal/Application form and send to the Chief Librarian. All advertising, posters, organizing, set-up and clean-up are the responsibility of the presenter. The Library must be mentioned as a sponsor in all advertising, posters, and press releases and the event must be free to the public.
Restrictions to use:
- Failure to conform to the regulations established for the program room and the library meeting rooms will result in a group or organization being denied use of the rooms.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse a proposal/application or cancel a rental if, in the opinion of the Library, such a rental represents a violation of Library policy. If the Library cancels a rental the renter will receive a refund of all monies paid.
- All meeting rooms are designed to be used for relatively quiet pursuits and are not suitable for events that generate undue noise.
- The Library reserves the right to limit attendance. Note that the maximum number of people for the Program Room is 67 seated with 19 standing and with tables, the maximum is 67 seated. The maximum for each of the meeting rooms is 12.
- The small interior meeting rooms (Rooms 103 and 106) may only be used during library open hours.
- Setting up tables and chairs and other equipment are the responsibility of the renter. The rental time includes the time necessary to set-up, take-down tables and chairs, tidy the room so that the room is left in the same or better condition as it was found.
- Movies shown and music played at SSIPL must have the appropriate public performance rights. Obtaining the license and all applicable fees are the responsibility of the renter. Proof of public performance rights shall be provided to SSIPL prior to the event date.
- The Library must not be mentioned as a sponsor for an event or as endorsing an event unless previously approved by the Chief Librarian or the Library Board. Advertising of the meeting or event must not imply endorsement by the Library of the content of the program or event; however, in some cases the Library may request sponsorship on all publicity items. In cases of co-sponsorship with the library, the booking fee may be waived by the Chief Librarian.
- If liquor is to be served at the event, a license must be obtained and a copy provided to the Library in advance of the event. Liquor is not allowed in meeting
- If outdoor areas of the library are to be used, it is the responsibility of the renter to
- a) ensure the library is added as a co-insured party on the event liability insurance policy
b) ensure that all entrances to the library (walkways, stairs and ramps) are kept clear for library patrons
c) arrange for Ministry of Transportation and RCMP approvals if road closures are required
- Program Room bookings are made through the administrative assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-537-4666 local 224.
- Program Room events will be booked when the proposal/application is received and the rental fee is paid. A $30 non-refundable (or half of rental value – whichever is less) deposit is required for Program Room bookings if not paying in full. The deposit is deducted from the balance due. The balance is payable two weeks prior to the event. For bookings made less than two weeks in advance, the full payment is due before the booking is recorded, with no possibility of refunds.
- The user assumes responsibility for all personal injury as well as for all damage to Library facilities resulting from use of the Library for its activity.
- Fees for rentals are as per the attached schedule. **Please note the refundable Cleaning Deposit and charge for Audio Visual Use fee.
- The user is responsible for reasonable clean-up of the room after the event, particularly if food is served. Additional cleaning charges may apply if the room is not tidied or if excess spillage occurs.
- For cancellation of bookings made more than two weeks in advance, rental fees may be returned less a non-refundable $30 deposit up to two weeks prior to the event. If a booking is cancelled less than two weeks prior to the event the entire rental fee is non-refundable. For bookings made less than two weeks before the event, the entire rental fee is due on booking and cancellations are non-refundable.
- Bookings are confirmed in the Program Room booking calendar only when the proposal/application form is received and payment is made, applying also to co-sponsored events. The exception is for fully internal library programs (such as book club) which do not need a form. If the proposal/application form and rental fee payment (or deposit) are not received when booking, the event is not recorded in the Program Room book and the Program Room is available to other renters on a first come first serve basis.
- For Library Co-sponsored events, a proposal/application form must be received before the booking is written in the Program Room book. . If applicable, an Audio Visual Use fee and Cleaning Deposit will be charged to co-sponsored groups.
Room Rental Fee Schedule: (subject to change)
- $30/hour (includes use of tables, chairs, podium, etc.)
- $125 Daily rate (8 hr maximum)
- $200 Weekend rate (Saturday and Sunday all day)
- $20 fee for Audio Visual Use fee (includes training)
- $10 Replacement fee for lost access card or key
- $25 Cleaning Deposit – Standard (when required)
- Up to $150 Cleaning Deposit for a fully catered event (when required)
Meeting Room 103 & 106
Meeting Room 103 may be booked at any time that the library is open; Meeting Room 106 may not be booked after 3:30 pm, or on Fridays or Saturdays.
The meeting rooms are open seating when not booked.
- $5/hour or $25 per day
Meeting Room 106 no charge for teen groups, daily after 3:30pm and Friday and Saturday all day.
For bookings, please download the Program Room Policy and Application.
For bookings of the outside area of the library, please refer to the Outside Use Policy and Application.
Planning on using the library’s audio-visual system? Download the Audio-Visual Instructions.