Book Sale and Material Donations
The BookShop cart located at the front of the library offers a wide selection of materials for purchase, culled from our current collection or donated to the library and not needed.
And all for extremely reasonable prices! Materials can be paid for at the circulation desk.
Thank you for supporting the library.
Donating Materials to the Library
The Library may accept donations of under 12 items without an appointment, if they meet the library’s criteria. For more than 12 items, donations are reviewed before acceptance, by appointment only. The Library may also visit your home to review your collection, if it meet the library’s criteria. To book an appointment to review donations email or phone a librarian.
The Library accepts clean, good condition materials as outlined:
- Recently published hardback and paperback books (published in last 5 years
- DVD films (no TV series) for all ages, recent preferred but including classics.
- Audiobooks (CDs) for all ages, recent preferred but including classics. Materials in French for all ages.
Donations we do not Accept
The Library does not accept:
- Music CDs
- VHS format video or cassette tapes
- Textbooks (school, college or university)
- Time Life & Reader’s Digest
Any donated books that do not fit the Library criteria are subject to sale to benefit the Library.
In the situation that we are unable to accept your donation, these other locations may be able to.
BLACK SHEEP BOOKS
BOOK EXCHANGE AT THE RECYCLING DEPOT
349 Rainbow Rd
Various locations. Conferring with owners before donating is recommended.
Visit SSI Little Libraries on Facebook.
OFF ISLAND RECYCLING
Bings Creek Recycling Center
3900 Drinkwater Road, Duncan BC