Annual Giving Campaign
As our Island enters into the busy fall season, our Library continues to deepen and expand its community connection and has truly become Salt Spring’s hub – a place where people of all ages and walks of life come together to experience the available offerings to connect, learn, work, and play. There are materials, resources, events, and opportunities for everyone!
What do we provide? A few of our many services:
- We support local culture with programs by Salt Spring and regional artists, writers, and performers,
- Last year the Library hosted 340 adult programs of all types with 6,204 attendees,
- Our popular children and youth programs included 242 events with 6,141 attendees last year!
Our collection is something to get excited about. Some highlights:
- Our Library lent over 170,000 physical items and 13,950 digital items last year,
- Patrons can borrow family passes to Royal BC Museum and the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria. Passes for the Robert Bateman Centre Gallery are coming soon,
- Many specialty items can be borrowed – like a ukulele, and for 2018, a GoPro camera.
Best of all, the Library is the place to experience inspiration flowing from every corner of the building, where residents and visitors are at work or at play in an atmosphere charged with possibility. Much more than just a Library, this is a place where community comes together.
Who makes this happen? All of the Library’s volunteers – over 170 of them – helping with all aspects of Library operations; our small but passionate staff; and of course, generous people like you making tax-deductible donations to our Annual Giving Campaign!
Please partner with us so that we may continue to serve the needs of our wonderful island community.
Please click on the Donate Now button, or download our 2017 Fundraising Letter.